Matrix Pointe Software is a rapidly growing entrepreneurial software company that provides cutting-edge enterprise software solutions for the justice system, serving prosecutors, courts, law enforcement agencies, state boards, and jail systems. Our commitment to and reputation for service, innovation and strategic solutions has resulted in our success and considerable growth.
Our engineers build innovative products using the latest development practices and tools. We distinguish ourselves with a focus on quality code and intuitive, usable, and reliable applications.
Our relaxed work environment inspires creativity and encourages collaboration. Located across the street from Crocker Park, our new offices are part of a thriving, growing community on Cleveland's West side. Sit-to-stand workstations and healthy snack options in the employee lounge attest to our focus on wellness.
We have a diverse, vital team and offer a creative workplace. We believe that investing in our people and our products gives us a significant competitive advantage. All of these factors contribute to a unique, challenging, and dynamic work environment.
+ Client Services Attorney
Serve as project manager and staff trainer for software implementations for prosecutors, police, courts, and government agencies; including managing deliverables, project schedules, and timelines. Recommend and develop improvements for the software implementation process. Travel is required.
Client Support Responsibilities
Serve as a software product expert. Provide first-line support for all client services. Assist in developing user help documentation.
Product Development Responsibilities
Stay updated on product and industry knowledge. Assess client requirements for new software applications and features. Communicate product feature ideas to the software development team. Assist with the design and testing of new software applications and features.
Sales Support Responsibilities
Develop and maintain product demonstrations for Matrix products. Deliver product demonstrations for prospective clients and at events such as conferences, seminars, meetings, etc. Draft responses to prospective client requests for proposals to implement justice systems.
Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school with active bar membership, in good standing, in any US state. Minimum 3 years of active legal experience; prosecuting attorney experience a plus. High level of commitment to exceptional customer service and relationship building; integrity and an outgoing personality a must Strong written and verbal communication skills. Sound problem solving skills and judgment are required along with the ability to identify and clearly communicate issues, proposed solutions, and risks. Self-motivated with the ability to work individually with minimal supervision in a fast paced and fluid environment. Proficient computer skills including MS Office tools - Outlook, Word, PowerPoint.
+ Software Engineer
Work with C#, ASP.NET MVC, jQuery, KnockoutJS, SQL Server, Powershell, and many other tools. Work with new and emerging technologies; HTML5, mobile, REST, data analytics, offline client apps, service oriented backends. Collaborate with other passionate and dedicated software engineers Design and build new features in our existing and greenfield applications. Work in multiple different domains, or specialize in what interests you.
Be highly motivated, thriving on fast-paced, self-organizing projects
Be skilled in Object-Oriented Design and modern design principles, patterns, and practices.
Have broad experience with web development in complex domains.
Be experienced with T-SQL and Relational Database concepts.
Have at least 2 years prior work experience as a Software Engineer or similar experience through internships or certification classes.
Have good communication skills and the ability to thrive in a collaborative setting.
Possess a BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related disciplines with a minimum GPA of 3.2.
+ Software Engineering Intern
Gain experience using the latest development practices including Test-driven Development, rapid iterative design processes, build and deployment automation, and modern object-oriented design. Work with C#, ASP.NET MVC, jQuery, KnockoutJS, SQL Server, Powershell, and many other tools. Learn from a talented, experienced team of seasoned software engineers in a relaxed, collaborative environment. Work on meaningful projects you can be proud of that really make a difference.
Be highly-motivated and passionate about software development.
Understand the principles of object-oriented design.
Have some development experience through academic or self-directed projects or other internships.
Understand relational database concepts.
Actively pursuing a BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related disciplines with a minimum GPA of 3.2.
+ Infrastructure Engineer
- • To work effectively on a technical team to architect cloud and on-premises infrastructure solutions to meet company needs for application hosting
- • Responsible for collaborating with IT manager, engineering team and client services personnel to research, architect, implement and protect solutions for hosting web application delivery, database performance, storage capacity & monitoring
DUTIES & TASKS CRITICAL TO SUCCESS
- • Design and implement cloud infrastructure solutions to meet company needs for cloud application hosting
- • Partner with IT manager and engineering team to explore and execute solutions for improving web application delivery, database performance, storage capacity & monitoring
- • Help implement the company technology direction, vision, and strategy for hosting environment inclusive of AWS infrastructure, Azure AD and local network
- • Ensure uptime and oversee routine patching/maintenance for mixed hosting environments
- • Oversee secure data migrations by working in tandem with a seasoned database administrator
- • Recommend, develop, implement and maintain automation tools to increase efficiency
- • Recognize, troubleshoot and resolve technology issues that affect our various hosting environments
- • Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management and engineering teams
- • Stay current on information technology trends and security standards (NIST, LEADS, CJIS, etc.)
- • Research, write and implement change management and incident response policies for company and hosting environments
- • Document extensively and share knowledge with team members, engineering and client services teams
- • Bachelor’s Degree
- • 5+ years of relevant IT experience working with on-prem and cloud enterprise systems (as an admin), including deployment automation tools, such as Ansible, Terraform, PowerShell DSC or similiar
- • Experience working with and managing Microsoft Visual Studio/Azure DevOps
- • Strong knowledge of Windows Active Directory best practices, capabilities, and design
- • Experience architecting cloud infrastructures on Amazon Web Services (AWS) for medium scale and enterprise level applications, including offerings such as VPC, EC2, Network, ELB, EBS, and IAM
- • Broad experience with cloud adoption, prototyping of new environments, server builds, data migration and performance tuning
- • Technical knowledge of infrastructure components such as Network Topology, Storage, Windows, Application knowledge of Java, .Net, and IT security
- • Experience with configuring software-defined networking and security configurations, including security groups and ACLs
- • Understanding and knowledge of “Infrastructure as Code” as well as instance and service automation platforms
- • Experience with DevOps procedures and processes and with working in an Agile environment
- • Experience with monitoring and troubleshooting connectivity and performance in complex cloud or on-prem environments
- • AWS certification(s) in one or more of these areas preferred: Cloud Practitioner, Solutions Architect, DevOps Engineer, SysOps Administrator
- • Microsoft certifications such as MCSE or MCSD preferred
- • Excellent communication skills, Ability to adapt to change, accept constructive criticism and work on a team
- • Dedication to meeting deadlines
Reports to: IT Manager
+ Product and Implementation Analyst
To analyze, test, implement, train, and support our suite of products. Responsible for deep analysis and development specification documentation of product features, and following them through development and testing phases, along with implementation and training to the client. Travel is required. This person joins a team of talented attorneys and subject matter experts who work collaboratively with software engineers, product managers, and clients.
Collaborate with software engineers, designers, and clients to analyze new and partially developed features, document development specifications, create test scripts, and test. Assess client requirements for new software applications and features. Serve as project manager and staff trainer for software implementations, including managing deliverables, project schedules, and timelines. Provide first line of support for clients.
DUTIES & TASKS CRITICAL TO SUCCESS
- • Analyze and understand a client’s current process
- • Produce meaningful development feature specifications
- • Thoroughly test new software applications and features
- • Serve as a product software expert
- • Stay updated on product and industry knowledge
- • Deliver product demonstrations
- • Relationships and Roles:
- • Work with leadership to develop information architecture, set priorities, resolve issues, update methodology
- • Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of products and feature requirements
- • Problem solving/analysis
- • Technical capacity
- • Communication proficiency
- • Initiative, can-do attitude
- • Motivated self-starter
- • Leadership skills
- • Usability and testing skills
- • Tools and organization skills
- • Thoroughness; eye for detail
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE
- • Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a computer science, business analyst, or business operations degree
- • 3-5 years of work experience in field
- • Ability to work individually with minimal supervision as well as part of a team in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment